Welcome, welcome! Come in and register, and have some developer coffee. 👨‍💻 ×

This is my USB project two years ago:

My notes at the time:

HW includes the circuit diagram, SW includes the device driver.
Have to get a Vendor ID for the USB device for several thousands of USD from usb.org

AFAIK, the USB device is not easy to be a certified one, not the one you see in night market like USB lights.
From my initial findings, the USB has 4 pins (+5, D-, D+, Gnd), connects the +5 and Gnd will make USB lights work WITHOUT being recognized by PC.... To be recognized by PC, must use at least D- and D+ to 3.3V.

Anyway, long story short, here's the USB LED I built:
(Two resistors, two LED -each 80 cents, and USB female jack RM 3)

In a nutshell, it is easy to use USB to simply power up something, but not easy to transfer data or communicate with host OS.

100.thumb.jpg.4203bf6dcaefe1c140831a1e6992fdba.jpg

200.thumb.jpg.0b0b1d364e000a723244ba890a61db37.jpg

On 5/1/2021 at 1:59 PM, flashang said:

For Computer - electronic projects, i highly recommend for Arduino and Raspberry PI, you may also choose pyboard or microbit.

The design of the main board is stable, a lot of tutorial, module and example are available.

http://donghao.org/2018/02/23/my-choice-between-raspberry-pi-arduino-pyboard-and-microbit/

🙂

Yes.  And for anyone who is interested to buy electronic kits such as Arduino board locally, here it is: https://my.cytron.io/

Last time I checked Arduino Uno ATmega328P only sold at RM 20 ++, which is cheap, if I am not totally mistaken.😅

My example project last year, an audio visualizer (connected to Windows sound):

spacer.png