Welcome, welcome! Come in and register, and have some developer coffee. 👨‍💻 ×

[Index] Assembly Code

have you tried fasmg? I'm just starting to refresh back my memories on fasm 1, fixing bugs and improving the pedump code for my personal use. maybe learning fasmg along the way. it's a very capable generic byte generator (as i call it). perhaps I will  be writing few articles on assembly also, specifically on the executable file format (PE and the CLR extension, ELF, and java .class). hopefully time will be on my side.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ChronoX said:

have you tried fasmg? I'm just starting to refresh back my memories on fasm 1, fixing bugs and improving the pedump code for my personal use. maybe learning fasmg along the way. it's a very capable generic byte generator (as i call it). perhaps I will  be writing few articles on assembly also, specifically on the executable file format (PE and the CLR extension, ELF, and java .class). hopefully time will be on my side.

Not yet tried Fasmg, although I am not sure what is it. Hah.  Are you cikelem***** who I used to contact with?  It is nice to hear progress from great people like you. 

yes I am him. 

fasmg is intended to be the next generation of fasm from the same author. but instead it become another new assembler which has almost completely different from fasm. instead of targetting the x86/x86_64 arch or any other machine arch, it doesn't generate any particular machine arch code. thats why I prefer to call it a generic byte generator. 

with its powerful instructions, u can generate flexible syntax for the assembly language u want, i.e the whole x86/x86_64 instructions set is coded in fasmg own instruction, inside include files, not as part of fasmg itself. an assembler in assembler. 

• Like 1