Welcome, welcome! Come in and register, and have some developer coffee. 👨‍💻 ×

Never forgotten my first DOS compiler written in 1996 using Turbo Pascal when I was 19 years old.

It supports 47 commands and generates .COM binary executable. (64KB is the maximum file size of .COM executable program)

Until 2011, this DOS compiler was still being used by a small group of microdevelopers overseas.  Mr. Roy Scott was one of them who hosted my project online.

13022011.thumb.png.9882dcfe0b06e056618224032e9105ff.png

This DOS compiler is named as LTA, means "Low-Level Task [High-Level] Access", and I used a fake "Tron Corp" in my copyright notice.

At the time, it can support generation of single-stepping code and trace information. If you are familiar with other well-known DOS compiler at the time, you probably know what these mean.

Single-stepping Code: Ask user to press a key to continue after executing each command. (Similar to our debugging 'Step Into')

Trace Information: Displays the line number after executing each command. 

04082019.png.5ca87953f89f3dcd7a8cdd713f9f0048.png

This computer program is still being archived on the Internet. If you are interested to try, please leave a reply below so that I can offer the download link for you.

Edited by FlierMate
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
On 4/6/2021 at 12:19 AM, FlierMate said:

This computer program is still being archived on the Internet. If you are interested to try, please leave a reply below so that I can offer the download link for you.

Let's have it!